There are so many options when creating a website, and many of them are so cheap that the real value of a great website is lost. The worst thing you can do is create a brochure site- a site that is not optimized to work for you as you sleep, and turn visitors into leads. You want a website, not a placemat! Don’t make the mistake of skipping on website optimization.
What is Web Optimization?
Web optimization is adding critical functionalities to the site that will help with conversion and return on investment (ROI). Custom functionalities capture information from visitors, lead magnets, and more. Optimization also includes having search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing. The end goal of optimizing your website is to holistically increase the business generated online. There are several processes you can use to help increase the traffic or sales of your website.
Strategies for web optimization vary depending on the type of site that you have and the services or products you offer. Choosing what best suits your business is an ongoing process you’ll have to tweak as you go. Below are three examples of web optimization strategies you can use for your site.
Conversion rate optimization
Conversion rate optimization is the process of increasing the number of people who sign up for something or purchase when they visit your website. This process is figuring out what your visitors are looking for when they go to your site and giving it to them. There are many ways you can improve your conversion rate. I’m going to give you a few examples that you can apply on your website.
- Landing page optimization – When you’re linking to a landing page vs. the homepage of your site, you’ll increase the effectiveness of your campaign. This page would function as a step in your sales funnel.
- User experience optimization – This can vary depending on the type of website you have. You need to put yourself in your customers’ shoes. What steps should you take to help improve their experience when visiting your site?
- Measure the effectiveness of your optimization. Gather data on Key Performance Indicators and see if changes you make on your site are improving your bottom line. Always Be Testing!!!
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of improving your website to help content rank for a targeted keyword in search. SEO aims to ensure the content on your website is searchable. Here’s a basic guide on how to incorporate SEO on your website.
- Keyword Research – Identifying what keyword you will target is one of the first things you need to consider in SEO. The Keyword needs to have a good amount of traffic every month and have relatively low competition. If you are starting a new website aiming for high volume keywords is not ideal. It is better to go for keywords that have low competition.
- Content Marketing – Write content that targets the keywords you have chosen. It should also be relevant and meaningful to your ideal audience.
- Backlinks – Create appropriate backlinks to the pages you’ve made. Effective websites to make backlinks on can also be found by using SEO tools.
- Social Media – Use social media to drive traffic to your site-(no Linktree!)
- Research new and effective ways to help improve the SEO rating of the content you create and your website’s pages. SEO is an ever-changing process and its always good to look at new ways to improve your content.
Content marketing is writing SEO-friendly content that will help you rank effectively for targeted keywords. Writing good quality content that is engaging for your audience is the first step. Making sure the way you write that content is SEO friendly is second. If you are just starting out there are several tools that can help you out. Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that checks if the content you have written has the necessary words to make it rank for a target keyword. You can also use Grammarly to check for any grammar issues in your content.
Are you ready to revamp your website and start getting real results? Do you have more questions? Sign up for the email list so we can stay connected!